Puppy classes are essential for setting you and your pup up for a long and happy relationship.
Make the investment in your pup now to be the best they can be in the many years to come!
Why take your puppy to socialisation classes?
Puppies do not arrive in our homes knowing all the fundamentals of how we expect them to behave. We need to teach them. The most important learning period in a puppy’s life is prior to 16 weeks of age. Puppy socialisation classes are managed to meet the needs of a variety of different breeds and personalities as well as your own.
What you will learn:
- Owners gain relevant knowledge and handling skills within a safe and secure environment.
- You will gain a host of different skills to implement in your home environment.
- Your puppy will gain invaluable lessons such as impulse control, manners, coping skills and patience tolerance. Essentially learning that polite behaviour gets reward and unwanted behaviour gets nothing.
- Off lead play is closely monitored in order to teach your puppy appropriate dog social skills, soft bite skills (bite inhibition), respond to being called from distraction, appropriate manners when interacting with other puppies/dogs.
What happens in Class?
- Each lesson is comprised of a theory talk, off lead monitored play, an obedience lesson (sit, down, stay, leave and more); introduction to novel elements such as a variety of different people, props such as umbrellas, prams, noises, mock vet checks as well as puppy obstacle courses, different surfaces, problem solving activities, loose leash walking and teaching your puppy to come to you when called.
- Because each puppy is unique, assistants are on hand to help you and your puppy where necessary.
Who runs the Puppy Class
Ady Hawkins owns and operates McKaynine Delta and is also the puppy class instructor.
When can I start and how do I book?
Classes are run on a “roll-on, roll-off” basis so you can join at any time of the month. Please contact email@example.com for information.