- Contact me. I always have a conversation on the phone with a potential new client to get a synopsis of the behaviour we need to work on as well as an owners level of commitment. I have a particular niche and do not work with all people who contact me.
- A questionnaire will be e-mailed to you:
There are no right or wrong answers. All the questions affect dog behaviour. Having the information beforehand gives me an opportunity to see patterns that are forming and ultimately saves a lot of time when I do come to your home. The pre information will allow me to prepare where required, and concentrate on more significant areas when I come to see you. In many cases a full Veterinary check prior to the visit may be required to rule out any medical/pain related problems.
- Once you have completed and returned the questionnaire to me we will set up a date and time for a home visit.
- I do not do single appointments as there is too much information for one session. Changing behaviour (both dogs and people) is a process and to ensure sustainable success a minimum of three sessions spread over a period of time will be required.
Exceptions do happen depending on the reason you required a professional to assess the dog/s. Each session is 1 hour long unless advised differently.
- A behaviour modification program will be devised specific to your dog and your lifestyle.
- Summary notes will be sent.
- There will be homework! You will also be expected to send ongoing feedback and updates between sessions whereby I will continue to assist you step by step till the next session.