I know how important your dog is to you. Going away can be a conundrum when it comes to deciding who will take care of your best friend.
Your dog is a big part of your family! My services are ensuring the best possible care of your dog by having him/her as part of my family whilst you are away. The best advantage of this is having your dog maintain his usual daily routine as much as possible; therefore reducing ‘kennel stress’ which is often seen in traditional kennel environments.
Being a qualified dog behaviourist I am trained to read dog body language. It can be stressful for a dog to change environments. My main aim is to ensure your dog copes and enjoys their stay.
How it works
- To assist your dog in settling as quickly as possible I recommend a pre one night sleep over so your dog is familiar with his ‘home away from home’ before the boarding period. This also gives me an opportunity to assess your dog’s coping skills and ensure my environment is correct for his needs. (there is no charge for the pre-sleep over).
- Prior to the stay you will be asked to fill in a detailed questionnaire which covers all your dog’s specific needs.
- Home boarding includes a daily walk. The type of walk (off lead/street walk/ meander) is specific to your dog’s individual needs and abilities.
- If your dogs are not socialised there is a separation area which is part of the property. The facilities are not dog runs/cages as in traditional kennel set ups.
- Basic grooming is done where necessary at no charge. If your dog is boarding for a long period, professional grooming can be arranged at an additional cost. This must be pre-arranged.
- If your dog is on medication (including insulin injections), this will be given and followed exactly to your written requirements.
- Your usual home rules and regulations will be respected and maintained in my home. E.g. allowing dogs on the couch or not.
- Prices are charged per day.
- You will receive daily updates and photos on how your dog is enjoying his/her stay.
- You will receive a detailed report back when you collect your dog.
- Day care services are also provided. Drop off and collection can be pre-arranged – depending where you stay there may be an additional travel fee.